Position :Attorney – Product Liability
Location :White Plains, New York
End Date :06-30-2020
Gerber Ciano Kelly Brady, a multi-office, multi-state law firm, is seeking a product liability associate for its White Plains, NY office. Candidates should have 1-4 years of experience in defense litigation, specifically in the area of products liability and commercial practice groups.
This position requires a high level of motivation, flexibility, initiative and ability manage a litigation caseload from beginning to end. The ideal candidate should have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong and professional communication skills, and be friendly and outgoing. The candidate will interact and work on matters across the firm’s footprint. This is an excellent opportunity for attorneys who are looking to expand their career and work within a firm of highly responsive partners, associates and legal support staff.
- Ability to handle assigned caseload both independently and with supervision
- Drafting of pleadings, motions, discovery demands, etc.
- Experience with depositions, court appearances and motion practice
- Perform extensive research
- Maintain an excellent relationship with clients, including complying with all client guidelines
- Ensure all deadlines are met
- Accurately record and maintain billable hours
- Exceptional writing, research and analytical skills. The ideal candidate must take pride in delivering error free product.
- Admitted to practice in the State of New York (NJ and/or CT admission is a plus)
- Federal Court experience is a plus
- Experience with product liability claims and commercial practice groups is strongly preferred
Our Mission Statement says that we cultivate a working environment that provides a humane, sustainable approach to earning a living and living in our world — for ourselves and for our clients. Further, we are committed to reducing our costs, and our footprint on the planet, by integrating virtually and avoiding the traditional “brick and mortar” costs associated with operating a law firm. We achieve this by ensuring that our team comes from diverse socio-economic, cultural, geographic, and educational backgrounds. We believe diversity is required to bring a variety of perspectives and approaches to our clients’ needs. Although we have the sophisticated clients and robust resources typical of a large law firm, we strive to maintain a relaxed, informal atmosphere that fosters professional development, personal satisfaction and growth.
Salary is commensurate with experience and skill set. Position offers benefits, including health, life, short-term and long-term disability, as well as 401k, flexible work and paid time off.
If you’re interested in becoming part of a truly collaborative team consistent with our mission, core value, business goals, and promises to each other, then your journey begins here.
Kindly forward your cv to our email address: email@example.com