Position :Litigation Paralegal
Experience :2 years experience
Location :Hartford, Connecticut
End Date :12-31-2019
Gerber Ciano Kelly Brady, a multi-office, multi-state law firm, is seeking an experienced litigation paralegal for its Hartford, CT office. This is a direct-hire, full-time position. Candidate should have a minimum of two (2) years experience, although exceptional candidates with less experience will be considered. Must be familiar with all aspects of liability and defense litigation.
This position requires a high level of motivation, flexibility, initiative and ability to follow through on ongoing projects. The ideal candidate should have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong and professional communication skills. They should be friendly and outgoing and be able to work both independently and as a team player. The person in this position will be supporting the attorneys in the firm’s Hartford office but will also have opportunities to interact and work on matters across the firm’s footprint. This is an excellent chance for a paralegal to gain great exposure and advance their legal career.
- Drafting of pleadings, discovery demands/responses, motions, subpoenas, settlement documents, etc.
- Process authorizations and compile medical, employment, tax, FOIL and other records
- Analyzing medical records, draft summaries and chronologies
- Communicate with courts, clients, experts, witnesses, opposing counsel, and counsel for co-defendants as needed
- Manage and update case activity to assist attorneys with case monitoring and client reporting.
- Assist with prepping files for mediation, arbitration and trial
- Assist attorneys with legal research
- Prepare cases from inception to trial
- Calendaring and scheduling as needed
- Accurately record and maintain billable hours
- Experience in defense litigation and management of high-volume of cases
- Experience reviewing medical and technical records preferred
- Knowledge of E-Filing Procedures in Connecticut State Court, Federal Court, Superior and District Court and Appellate Court in CT
- Experience with CT calendar markings
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Legal research (Lexis, Westlaw) proficiency preferred
- Works well in a fast-paced environment
- 2 years of MS Word, Excel and Outlook, and the ability to learn new programs and systems
- Occasional overtime
- Paralegal certificate; Associate Degree or higher is preferred
Our Mission Statement says that we cultivate a working environment that provides a humane, sustainable approach to earning a living and living in our world — for ourselves and for our clients. Further, we are committed to reducing our costs, and our footprint on the planet, by integrating virtually and avoiding the traditional “brick and mortar” costs associated with operating a law firm. We achieve this by ensuring that our team comes from diverse socio-economic, cultural, geographic, and educational backgrounds. We believe diversity is required to bring a variety of perspectives and approaches to our clients’ needs. Although we have the sophisticated clients and robust resources typical of a large law firm, we strive to maintain a relaxed, informal atmosphere that fosters professional development, personal satisfaction and growth.
Salary is commensurate with experience and skill set. Position offers benefits, including health, life, short-term and long-term disability, as well as 401k, flexible work and paid time off.
If you’re interested in becoming part of a truly collaborative team consistent with our mission, core value, business goals, and promises to each other, then your journey begins here.
Kindly forward your cv to our email address: email@example.com