Position :Legal Assistant
Experience :2 years experience
Location :White Plains, New York
End Date :12-31-2019
Gerber Ciano Kelly Brady LLP is seeking a Legal Assistant for our White Plains, New York office. Candidate should have a minimum of two (2) years experience, although exceptional candidates with less experience will be considered.
This is a direct-hire, full-time position. The individual should have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong and professional communication skills. They should be a team player, have an engaging personality, show initiative, be able to work independently, and maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
- Drafting of pleadings, discovery demands/responses, motions, subpoenas, settlement documents, etc.
- E-filing knowledge to assist with legal filings in State and Federal Courts
- Maintain client confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Ability to communicate with courts, clients, experts, opposing counsel, and counsel for co-defendants as needed
- Opening and closing of files
- Maintain and process expense reports
- Proofreading and editing all materials for extreme accuracy and clarity
- Scanning, saving and filing documents
- Review/prepare correspondence
- Handle travel arrangements for attorneys
- Assist with calendar/scheduling when needed
- Provide backup to other attorneys as requested
- Record and store client information
- Associate’s Degree or higher is preferred
- 2 years of experience as a Legal Assistant
- 2 years of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint and the ability to learn new programs and systems
- Knowledge of State and Federal Court E-Filing
- Strong keyboarding skills
- Knowledge of liability and defense litigation
- Ability to multi-task, attention to detail, excellent communication and organizational skills
- The ability to anticipate schedules and deadlines and move projects forward
- Exemplary planning and time management skills
- Should be able to work under deadlines and have some flexibility in their work schedule to meet unforeseen demands
Our Mission Statement says that we cultivate a working environment that provides a humane, sustainable approach to earning a living and living in our world — for ourselves and for our clients. Further, we are committed to reducing our costs, and our footprint on the planet, by integrating virtually and avoiding the traditional “brick and mortar” costs associated with operating a law firm. We achieve this by ensuring that our team comes from diverse socio-economic, cultural, geographic, and educational backgrounds. We believe diversity is required to bring a variety of perspectives and approaches to our clients’ needs. Although we have the sophisticated clients and robust resources typical of a large law firm, we strive to maintain a relaxed, informal atmosphere that fosters professional development, personal satisfaction and growth.
Salary is commensurate with experience and skill set. Position offers benefits, including health, life, short-term and long-term disability, as well as 401k, flexible work and paid time off.
If you’re interested in becoming part of a truly collaborative team consistent with our mission, core value, business goals, and promises to each other, then your journey begins here.
Kindly forward your cv to our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org