Position :Attorney - Insurance Coverage
Experience :1-7 years of experience
Location :Garden City, New York
End Date :06-30-2020
Multi-office, multi-state law firm, Gerber Ciano Kelly Brady, is seeking an insurance coverage associate attorney with 1-7 years of experience to join both their Buffalo, NY and Garden City, NY offices. This is an opportunity to work with some of the premier insurance lawyers in the United States. Less experience will be considered for a candidate with exceptional academic background, demonstrated writing skills, or other unique background experience with insurance law issues.
This position requires a high level of motivation, flexibility and initiative. Of primary importance for this position is the ability to read and comprehend complex insurance contracts and assess the legal issues related to these contracts. The types of matters will span direct insurance, reinsurance and regulatory. The ideal candidate must have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong and professional communication skills, and be friendly and outgoing. The candidate will interact and work on matters across the firm’s footprint. This is an excellent opportunity for attorneys who are looking to expand their career and work within a firm of highly responsive partners, associates and legal support staff.
- Analyzing insurance policies and drafting insurance coverage opinions
- Communicate with clients and provide coverage recommendations
- Drafting of pleadings, motions and written discovery
- Perform extensive legal research
- Attendance at depositions, court appearances and motion practice
- Ability to handle assigned caseload both independently and with supervision
- Maintain an excellent relationship with clients, including complying with all client guidelines
- Ensure all deadlines are met
- Accurately record and maintain billable hours
- Exceptional writing, research and analytical skills. The ideal candidate must take pride in delivering error free product.
- Admitted to practice in the State of New York (PA, NJ and/or CT admission is a plus)
- Federal Court experience is a plus
- 2-7 years of insurance coverage or similar insurance experience (reinsurance, regulatory)
- Experience in insurance policy analysis, as well as written discovery, motions and depositions
- Exceptional in other areas of the law should be highlighted and will be considered. For example, insurance defense experience.
Our Mission Statement says that we cultivate a working environment that provides a humane, sustainable approach to earning a living and living in our world — for ourselves and for our clients. Further, we are committed to reducing our costs, and our footprint on the planet, by integrating virtually and avoiding the traditional “brick and mortar” costs associated with operating a law firm. We achieve this by ensuring that our team comes from diverse socio-economic, cultural, geographic, and educational backgrounds. We believe diversity is required to bring a variety of perspectives and approaches to our clients’ needs. Although we have the sophisticated clients and robust resources typical of a large law firm, we strive to maintain a relaxed, informal atmosphere that fosters professional development, personal satisfaction and growth.
Salary is commensurate with experience and skill set. Position offers benefits, including health, life, short-term and long-term disability, as well as 401k, flexible work and paid time off.
If you’re interested in becoming part of a truly collaborative team consistent with our mission, core value, business goals, and promises to each other, then your journey begins here.
Kindly forward your cv to our email address: email@example.com