Position :Billing Specialist
Experience :Minimum of 1-2 years of billing and/or accounting experience
Location :Buffalo, New York
End Date :12-31-2019
Multi-office, multi-state law firm, Gerber Ciano Kelly Brady, is seeking a competent and professional Billing Specialist for our growing Buffalo, New York office.
This is a direct-hire, full-time position. The individual must be able to exercise good judgment in a variety of accounting and office situations. Strong professional communication skills are essential. The ability to work successfully in a team-focused environment, engage, show initiative, work independently, and maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities is critical to this position. This is a perfect opportunity for someone looking to join a growing Firm with a dedicated team.
- Review and edit all client and vendor invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to submission
- Perform specific billing and e-billing tasks and projects
- Assist with completing end of the month billing cycles by preparing and executing prebills and invoices to clients
- Respond to all vendor inquiries and resolve payment discrepancies.
- Communicate with attorneys and legal staff on matters related to billing, e-billing and collections
- Support Accounts Receivable, including collections.
- Provide backup coverage for Accounts Payable.
- Maintain financial records in accordance with accounting requirements.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of billing and/or accounting experience
- Law firm experience is preferred
- Knowledge of and/or the ability to learn and function within client electronic billing sites (Legal Exchange, Legal X, Tymetrix360, etc.)
- Proficiency in Quickbooks or similar accounting software is preferred
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Strong data entry and record keeping skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and client service skills.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Team player
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Degree in Accounting or Finance is a plus
We cultivate a working environment that provides a humane, sustainable approach to earning a living and living in our world — for ourselves and for our clients. Further, we are committed to reducing our costs, and our footprint on the planet, by integrating virtually and avoiding the traditional “brick and mortar” costs associated with operating a law firm. We achieve this by ensuring that our team comes from diverse socio-economic, cultural, geographic, and educational backgrounds. We believe diversity is required to bring a variety of perspectives and approaches to our clients’ needs. Although we have the sophisticated clients and robust resources typical of a large law firm, we strive to maintain a relaxed, informal atmosphere that fosters professional development, personal satisfaction and growth.
Salary is commensurate with experience and skill set. Position offers benefits, including health, life, short-term and long-term disability, as well as 401k, flexible work and paid time off.
If you’re interested in becoming part of a truly collaborative team consistent with our mission, core value, business goals, and promises to each other, then your journey begins here.
Kindly forward your cv to our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org