Top ranked law firm seeks a senior associate or junior partner with at least 5 – 10 years of experience in insurance coverage law. The successful candidate will work out of the firm’s Rocky Hill, Connecticut location. Some travel may be required. The candidate will be working with internationally recognized partners and work on complex challenging insurance legal issues. The candidate will analyze insurance and reinsurance policies, draft insurance coverage opinions and respond to regulatory inquiries. Litigation experience is a plus. The candidate should be admitted to practice in the State of Connecticut (PA, NJ, NYadmission is a plus). Federal Court experience is a plus.
This position requires a high level of motivation, flexibility, initiative and accountability. The ideal candidate should have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong and professional communication skills, and be friendly and outgoing. The candidate will interact and work on matters across the firm’s footprint. This is an excellent opportunity for attorneys who are looking to expand their career and work within a firm of highly responsive partners, associates and legal support staff.
- Handling assigned caseload both independently and with supervision commensurate with experience
- Drafting of pleadings, motions and written discovery
- Depositions, court appearances and motion practice commensurate with experience
- Analyzing insurance policies and drafting insurance coverage opinions
- Communicate with clients and provide recommendations
- Performing extensive research
- Maintaining an excellent relationship with clients, including complying with all client guidelines
- Ensuring all internal and external deadlines are met
- Exceptional writing, research and analytical skills
- Dedication to professional growth
- Admitted (or pending admission) to practice in the State of Connecticut (PA, NJand/or NY admission is a plus)
- Federal Court experience is a plus
- 5 – 10 years of previous experience in the following areas: insurance coverage, or similar insurance experience (reinsurance, regulatory)
We cultivate a working environment that provides a humane, sustainable approach to earning a living and living in our world — for ourselves and for our clients. Further, we are committed to reducing our costs, and our footprint on the planet, by integrating virtually and avoiding the traditional “brick and mortar” costs associated with operating a law firm. We achieve this by ensuring that our team comes from diverse socio-economic, cultural, geographic, and educational backgrounds. We believe diversity is required to bring a variety of perspectives and approaches to our clients’ needs.
Salary is commensurate with experience and skill set. Position offers benefits, including health, life, short-term and long-term disability, as well as 401k, flexible work and paid time off.
If you’re interested in becoming part of a truly collaborative team consistent with our mission, core value, business goals, and promises to each other, then your journey begins here.