Top ranked law firm seeks a senior associate o junior partner with at least 10 years of experience in insurance coverage, reinsurance, regulatory, and compliance counseling and litigation. The successful candidate can work out of the firm’s Garden City, White Plains, Hartford, or Buffalo location. Some travel. The candidate will be working with international recognized partners and work on complex challenging insurance and reinsurance legal issues. Will be handling assigned caseload independently, including supervision of other insurance coverage lawyers. Analyzing insurance and reinsurance policies, drafting insurance coverage opinions, and responding to regulatory inquiries. Litigation experience is a plus. Communicate with clients and provide recommendations. Maintain an excellent relationships with clients, including complying with all client guidelines. Ensure all internal and external deadlines are met. Should be admitted to practice in the State of New York (PA, NJ, and/or CT admission is a plus). Federal Court experience is a plus.
This position requires a high level of motivation, flexibility, initiative, and accountability. The ideal candidate should have the ability to exercise good judgement in a variety of situations, with strong and professional communications skills, and be friendly and outgoing. The candidate will interact and work on matters across the firm’s footprint. This is an excellent opportunity for attorneys who are looking to expand their career and work within a firm of highly responsive partners, associates, and legal support staff.
- Handling assigned caseload both independently and with supervision commensurate with experience
- Drafting of pleadings, motions and written discovery
- Depositions, court appearances and motion practice commensurate with experience
- Analyzing insurance policies and drafting insurance coverage opinions
- Communicate with clients and provide recommendations
- Perform extensive research
- Maintain an excellent relationship with clients, including complying with all client guidelines
- Ensure all internal and external deadlines are met
- Exceptional writing, research and analytical skills. The ideal candidate must take pride in delivering error free product.
- Dedication to professional growth
- Admitted (or pending admission) to practice in the State of New York (PA, NJ and/or CT admission is a plus)
- Federal Court experience is a plus
- 10 +years of previous experience in the following areas are helpful: insurance coverage, insurance defense, or similar insurance experience (reinsurance, regulatory), compliance and commercial litigation, data security and privacy
We cultivate a working environment that provides a humane, sustainable approach to earning a living and living in our world — for ourselves and for our clients. Further, we are committed to reducing our costs, and our footprint on the planet, by integrating virtually and avoiding the traditional “brick and mortar” costs associated with operating a law firm. We achieve this by ensuring that our team comes from diverse socio-economic, cultural, geographic, and educational backgrounds. We believe diversity is required to bring a variety of perspectives and approaches to our clients’ needs.
Salary is commensurate with experience and skill set. Position offers benefits, including health, life, short-term and long-term disability, as well as 401k, flexible work and paid time off.
If you’re interested in becoming part of a truly collaborative team consistent with our mission, core value, business goals, and promises to each other, then your journey begins here.