Multi-office, multi-state law firm seeks an associate attorney in its Buffalo, NY office. Candidate should have 2-5 years of experience in defense litigation and experience with insurance coverage disputes.
This position requires a high level of motivation, flexibility, initiative, and ability to manage a litigation caseload from beginning to end. The ideal candidate should have experience in general litigation and defense work with some experience in insurance coverage disputes, including drafting insurance coverage opinions. The position requires the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, strong professional communication skills, and be friendly and outgoing. While the candidate will work primarily in the firm’s Buffalo location, he or she will also interact and work on matters across the firm’s footprint. This is an excellent opportunity for attorneys who are looking to expand their career and work within a firm of highly responsive partners, associates, and legal support staff.
- Ability to handle assigned caseload both independently and with supervision
- Drafting of pleadings, motions, discovery demands, etc.
- Experience with depositions, court appearances, and motion practice
- Perform extensive research
- Maintain an excellent relationship with clients, including complying with all client guidelines
- Ensure all deadlines are met
- Accurately record and maintain billable hours
- Exceptional writing, research, and analytical skills. The ideal candidate must take pride in delivering error-free product.
- Admitted to practice in the State of New York (PA, NJ and/or CT admission is a plus)
- Federal Court experience is a plus
- 2-5 years experience in defense litigation
Our Mission Statement says that we cultivate a working environment that provides a humane, sustainable approach to earning a living and living in our world — for ourselves and for our clients. Further, we are committed to reducing our costs, and our footprint on the planet, by integrating virtually and avoiding the traditional “brick and mortar” costs associated with operating a law firm. We achieve this by ensuring that our team comes from diverse socio-economic, cultural, geographic, and educational backgrounds. We believe diversity is required to bring a variety of perspectives and approaches to our clients’ needs. Although we have sophisticated clients and robust resources typical of a large law firm, we strive to maintain a relaxed, informal atmosphere that fosters professional development, personal satisfaction, and growth.
Salary is commensurate with experience and skill set. The position offers benefits, including health, life, short-term and long-term disability, as well as 401k, flexible work, and paid time off.
If you’re interested in becoming part of a truly collaborative team consistent with our mission, core value, business goals, and promises to each other, then your journey begins here.